Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ever heard of a "Fitness Freak"?

It's a term used in Les Mills Programs and I just LOVE it! I'm participating in a training for a brand new program which Les Mills just launched earlier this year. It's called CX30 and it's Core Cross Training in 30 minutes. Having only taught cardio and weight training classes, I always felt like I wasn't pushing my core to its limits. I've finally found a class that does just that! Whether you take my classes at they gym or participate in some type of fitness regime, the one most useful tips that I can pass along to my readers who want a stronger core is to Hover! Research performed by Dr Jinger Gottschall from Penn. State University found that exercises such as the hover, require more activation in the musles than an isolated exercise, like crunches.  Try it with a friend, or set your stop watch on your ipod or phone and see how long you can hold it! I did 5 minutes today, but look forward to taking it even longer!

If your not sure of what a hover looks like, I'll try to take pictures tomorrow to add them in for you to view... for now,  keep in mind that you want to be flat like a table, elbows below shoulders,  and make a fist with your hands. Let your eyes look down towards the floor and maintain a neutral spine.CX30 Check it out!

2 comments: