Friday, June 17, 2011

Egg Bowls

It's a favorite at my house and I hope you enjoy it too! 

1. Decide what type of eggs you would like to make. I often make fried or scrambled because it's quick. If you have high cholesterol, which I do, simply eliminate the yolk. Then, coat the pan with a little olive oil or non-stick spray.
2. For a quick breakfast use Instant Grits- Heat up the water and mix in the grits with a wedge of Lite Laughing Cow Cheese. If you're not a big fan of grits, I recommend adding potatoes, but Grits are quick and by adding the lite cheese, it tastes delicious!
3. Once the eggs are cooked toss them in the bowl with your grits and you have your very own Egg Bowl.

Keep in mind that there are a ton of options and variations. I recommend sautéing vegetables- Take a look in your vegetable bin and chop up and toss in a few different vegetables before you cook the eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment