Monday, August 22, 2011

How about some hummus...


One of my favorite foods in this world is hummus. There are so many options and flavors you can add to this wonderful spread.

I never thought I would dare attempt to make it because I imagined it would be tricky to get the consistency  and flavors just right. This year I’ve tried adding so many flavors and combinations. I’ve tried adding roasted red peppers or extra garlic, I’ve even tried edamame hummus. What have I learned?  Sometimes it works! In some cases, well,  it’s better left unsaid.

It’s a weekly staple in my fridge. If you’ve not tried making it yet,  I suggest my basic recipe, which you can build on and certainly modify to fit your taste buds.

1 can of Garbanzo Beans
¼- ½ Cup of the liquid from the Garbanzo Beans
1 Clove of Garlic
1 Lemon
1 Tbsp of Tahini
Pinch of Sea Salt



Put in the food processor and puree. Add liquid as needed. For a creamer consistency, add more liquid and finish with a drizzle of good olive oil.

*It makes about a cup of hummus… Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment